Thursday, July 21, 2005

Back in town, let's do lunch!

I am back in the country. After a wonderful two months, I arrived in Atlanta on Monday night after countless delays. My luggage decided that two months wasn’t enough, and stayed in Detroit for a few extra days to do some sightseeing. I got my luggage a couple days later, but the mugs I bought as gifts were destroyed, which was sad. So sorry everyone, no presents.

On Wednesday night, my friend Lauren, who got married last summer had a great party. She invited over a lot of her girlfriends, and told us to bring all the clothes that have been sitting in our closets for a long time that we haven’t been wearing and that we’re ready to give away. So about 15 chicks came with all their old clothes, put them all around the house – shirts in one room, pants in another, skirts in another, etc. Then we had a free for all where we went through all the clothes and picked what we wanted. It was great! Everyone found some “new” clothes to bring home, and cleaned out the closets at the same time. And everything that no one wanted, Lauren took to goodwill. Fabulous idea! Kudos.

I spent a little time this week catching up with friends, but mostly just catching up on my sleep. On Friday morning, I left for NYC, and spent the weekend there. My friend Sara got married on Sunday night, so I arrived in NY Friday afternoon, spent about an hour with Will, an old tech friend who now is at Columbia, and then after much commotion and wrong turns, I made it out to sara’s friend Judy’s house for Shabbat. All of Friday night and Saturday there were between 12-15 females at Judy’s house to spend the time with Sara. It was relaxing and a load of fun. I don’t get to see Sara too often, so it was nice to catch up. Judy was also really cool, and Saturday night when Sara left to sleep in the hotel before the wedding, I stayed at Judy’s an extra night and we went out to hang with some of her friends and go to a few clubs, which was fun. We were out pretty late though, and then slept until noon Sunday. Sleeping through Judy’s nail appointment and almost through the hair appointment. We went to the hair place at one, and got our hair done a bit, and then came back home for it to just be ruined by the rain, but then headed for the wedding. The wedding was absolutely gorgeous. Everything was incredible. Sara and her new husband Shloimie were so cute together, and Sara looked beautiful. I caught up with a few Atlanta people that I hadn’t seen in a long time, and spent hours dancing, drinking, and eating.

After the wedding, I went back to Will’s, and we showed each other pictures from our recent traveling adventures (which took a long time), and then finally went to sleep around 5, and then today I woke up at 10 and worked on some stuff until I had to catch my plane. I took the M60 bus, which goes from Manhattan to LaGuardia airport, and I took it with 2.5 hours to spare before my flight. The highway was so congested from construction, that we took about an hour to go about 3 miles, so I was pretty worried I’d miss my flight, but luckily the flight was delayed, and ended up not leaving until an hour after it was due to leave. Phew!

This week is my week to catch up with all my friends at home who I haven’t seen in a few months. If you want to get lunch, let me know ;-)!

No comments: