Friday, August 19, 2005

My social outlet...(not to be confused with "shopping with friends at an outlet mall)"

Ok, enough about dance. Lately, on Thursday nights I have been going to Neighbors. Throughout college, I never had a steady weekly friends hang out night because I was always so occupied. But for the past 3 weeks, we’ve all gone out to this bar in the Highlands called Neighbors. By “we”, I mean, Me, Becca, Rochelle, Heather, Greer, Stacey, Sarah, and at times, others. We’ll just set up shop, and other people start showing up and hanging out. It’s gotten to the point that we just go individually and assume everyone else will meet us there. It is a heavy Jew hangout on Thursdays, so you’re always likely to bump into someone you know anyway, but at our area of the patio, often there is also Robbie, Daniel, Jonathan, Brett, and always a few friends to join. It’s nice because everyone meets everyone (meanwhile, inserting a few Jewish geography questions), and it’s cheaper than an online dating service (read: Jdate). It is a nice social outlet for me too since I am the youngest one at my office, and many of the people close to my age that aren’t shipped out on site somewhere, are married, or close to it. So, I’m not exactly getting social interaction overflow at work.

This weekend, my friend Dave is getting married. I am not going to be able to attend the wedding (long story), but he is my second friend to get married this summer. It’s a teeny bit weird too, because Dave was my first real boyfriend. Eeeek…oh well, such is life.

No comments: