Saturday, July 22, 2006

Here goes...

I need to carry around a notebook in my pocket when I'm not around a computer, because 5-6 times this week, I thought of something funny I wanted to blog about, and of course, can't remember it now.

Monday I went back to Beech Island (which, if you missed it, is not a beach, or an island) to go to some meetings at the plant. I came home tuesday evening and went into work wednesday in Atlanta. Wednesday afternoon I find out they need me back at the plant at 7 am thursday, so I'd have to go that night. However, I already had plans, so I didn't leave to drive to Beech until 11:30 or so, arriving around 2. man, was I tired the next day, working in the heat there. Friday I'm informed that they'll need me back next week, so any plans I had for next week are shot, and I have to head back to the plant Sunday night to be there for a 7 am meeting Monday. I told them if nothing else, I had to be out of there by 3 on friday so I could make it back to Atlanta by dinner time since my brother was coming back in town that day.

sigh. At least it isn't too bad for travel time. I am there in under 2.5 hours, and I don't have to fly. Flying requires packing neatly, parking at the airport, taking a shuttle, stripping at security, waiting, flying, waiting, renting a car, etc. etc.

I am going to enjoy my day and a half of weekend.

1 comment:

Josh said...

I find it ironic that the quote that sums up your blog comes from a blonde soap opera star.

Just wanted to put that out there.