On thursday, Hillel's GAP group had a happy hour at Front page news. It was a lot smaller than all the other ones I'd been to there, but that was OK. A few of us were sitting at a table, and a new person came and sat with us. I took a big bite of my sandwich, and just as I did, he asks "so, what do you do?" well, I was a little embarassed because I had so much of my sandwich in my mouth, I couldn't even respond, so I smiled and glanced away, embarrassed. He looks at me and said "what? are you a stripper or something??". I looked at him, shocked. "He says, well, I asked you what you do, and you got all embarrassed. I just figured..." I let him know that if I were a stripper, I probably wouldn't be embarassed about it, but whatever. I was still in shock that he asked me that.
Because I wasn't going to really be around my house for too many meals during Sukkot, we didn't build a sukkah here after much debating about it. We did however host shabbat dinner outside on Friday, and invited a couple friends and my parents, and Avital's dad was in town, so he came as well. It was a nice "quiet" shabbat =)
This past weekend, GT had a heart throbbing game against Maryland, which we ended up winning. Before the game, I was planning a tailgate for my co-workers. Betsy came with me to the grocery, and we got to campus almost 5 hours before gametime to start tailgating. People finally started arriving about 2 hours later haha, but it was a lot of fun. It was my first time ever hosting a tailgate.
Monday night I helped plan an event in the Shearith Israel sukkah. It was just dinner and socializing in the sukkah, but it was a ton of fun. Last year was the first 20/30 SI event, and this was the one year anniversary. At least 89 people were there. I was so excited. It is all people in their 20's and 30's, regardless of if they're single, dating, married, or with small kids. It is just an outlet for the young people to all meet. yay, I am glad it was a good event.
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
A "heart throbbing" game? I'm not sure that is the phrase you are looking for unless you really liked those guys in the tight pants :)-
Maybe heart pounding?
I thought you worked at the Cheetah?
A Stripper???
Post a Comment