This past week and this coming week is a period during our work at the plant that is very critical to be done quickly. That is because when you have to shut down any part of the production line, either the company loses money because they don't produce, or they lose money because people have to do the jobs of machines - thus, more cost.
the plant here is a large one. My feet and legs were pretty sore after day one of walking around, and out of curiosity I picked up a pedometer at the dollar store, and began counting steps. I paced myself on a treadmill, and discovered I walk 1900 steps in a mile.
Wearing the pedometer, I've been walking about 11,000-13,000 steps per day. this equates to about 6 miles of just walking around the plant. When I add a 3 mile run (where 1500 steps = 1 mile), I walk about a total of 18,000 steps in a day at the plant and a workout. Crazy.
Meanwhile, it is Sunday, and I'm in Augusta. I am a little upset because I was required to stay here over the weekend to work, and as it turns out, I just have to be on call- not at the plant. which is nice because I didn't have to wake up at 5:30 yesterday or today, but really sucks because I also couldn't go home to Atlanta for the weekend, and unless I actually get called in, there is not "billable time" to charge for me staying here this weekend. suck. so I am stuck in my hotel room for the weekend, trying to kill time.
I hung out with my friend Leah that lives here on Friday night, and we went to shul yesterday. But other than that, killing time has been going to the mall, watching a LOT of TV, attempting to start on my taxes without any of my paperwork here, and um...that's about it. I am only a little bit frustrated.
anyway, I think I'll kill a couple hours by going to the Gym today, and think about what else I can do to pass time.
Sunday, February 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Read the newspaper and pick up a copy of People -- instant time killers yet news and gossip/interesting story filled :)
At least you're coming home this weekend!
Post a Comment