
It's over. ATLX came and went without any horrible glitches or anything.
ATLX (the Atlanta Lindy Exchange) is an event we host here in Atlanta every year, and without going into too much detail about what a Lindy Exchange is, It'll suffice to say that it's a weekend where dancers from all over collide in one city with dancing, live bands, great venues, and fun times. Usually out-of-towners are hosted in the homes of dancers in the hosting city.

With most of the planning behind us, we held our last meeting a week before the event, and while each of us had our jobs to take care of during the week, everything fell into place nicely.
The event started with a bang at the Thursday night dance. Friday, the out-of-towners had the opportunity to be tourists in Atlanta, led to different places by some of our own. In the afternoon, we met at Atlanta Brewing Company, and had beer and danced. We were ready to go!
Throughout the weekend, there were 11 venues, 3 live bands, a pancake breakfast, and for me, at least 100 great dances with fabulous leads from out of town. Not to mention the chance I had to catch up with some old friends.
All in all, I danced for about 30 hours, and had 11 people sleeping in my house and today I am incredibly sore, but it was definitely a ton of fun.
Pictures will be up soon. I need a nap, but I have to go to work =(
1 comment:
Hey Bela, just checking in! (I mean procrastinating...). I had some crazy Jewish geography last week involving you (surprised? I bet not), but am gonna keep you in suspense until we get a chance to talk. Sounds like things are fun. I'll be in Atlanta through the summer...we must get together!
-Melissa
Post a Comment