Then Saturday was the ASEDA whitewater rafting trip. I had never been before, so I'd been looking forward to it for a while. I drove up that day (rather than camping the night before) with Aimee and Meghan. We got there just in time for lunch and to hit the rapids. I was a little nervous since I'd never been, but we had a good guide, and it was a lot of fun. I lost my oar a little past halfway down the river, and then about three quarters of the way down fell (read: was pulled) out of the raft. a couple bruises, but otherwise unharmed, we finished up the rapids and met up with the other dancers at the end.
We drove back, and took a little while to shower and get ready, and then headed to Taco Cabana for Shoe's going away party. sadly, she's moving away .
Well Sunday brought it's own adventure. In the morning I went to Ethan's place and he took a bunch of photos of me for use next month (stay tuned for why). And then in the afternoon I hosted my second annual clothing swap.
Basically, everyone came over and brought all the clothes (and shoes and accessories) they hadn't worn in the past year, and once everything was laid out and organized (yes, this is ME we're talking about), it was a free for all. If two people found the same thing and both wanted it, the rule was that they both had to model it, and everyone else voted on who looked better in it. I think everyone got at least one grocery bag full of "new" clothes, if not more. Here's a picture of everyone wearing or showing some of their new finds. I actually gave up the dress I was wearing in that picture, but got plenty of other things. It was fun =)
but now the work week calls again, but not before I hit the dance floor tonight!
3 comments:
I know the reason for that picture...hehe. Did Reuben get any clothes? I would have been there except I wasn't invited :-p
Very cute picture, Ethan did a good job balancing the flash and the background light. Portraits have always been a challenge for me too.
Shoe's finally leaving, huh? Wish her well for me if you see her before she's off.
Aramis
Post a Comment