Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Rejections...

It's funny. I have a knack for picking up guys that I am not interested in. Maybe I'm too nice. It is also quite difficult when I am friends with them (or would like to be friends with them), and they say things that make me think they're interested in being more than just friends. My easiest "out" is usually that if you're not Jewish, I'm not interested. Unfortunately, sometimes I AM interested, but have to convince myself I'm not, which is also quite difficult*. My new friend Matthew has taken note of the situation, and has suggested a start for a list of responses to use when getting picked up:

A. I'm married to my career.
B. I'm married to my hobby, dancing.
C. Sorry, you're not kosher.
D. I don't care if you wear "Levi" jeans; that doesn't help your case.
E. Oddly enough, I don't have a phone number.
E. Schvitsing while dancing is cute, but only in moderation. You're gross.

*I can go into detail on this if you're interested, but opted to not include it in this post.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

F. I only date people who work in toilet paper mills.

:-P