Finally I've gotten my act together enough to finish with the fixtures and accessories for the bathroom enough to post it all. For those of you who don't know, I had my bathroom remodeled while in Thailand last month. It was a project that I'd been toying with doing partially myself, but ended up deciding that it was well worth avoiding the inconvenience to pay the extra to have someone else take care of it. I think I posted this before, but as a refresher, here's what I had done:
Tear down wall and door between shower/toilet and vanity.
Remove Shower
Remove linolium flooring
Remove carpet in the entryway/vanity area
Install Bathtub
Tile the floor
Tile the bathtub walls
Replace toilet
Replace vanity top with granite top
Add wall on the end of the bathtub
Add a French door between bedroom and bathroom
Here is the set of pictures of how the bathroom looked before the renovation:
Here it is after the renovation: woohoo!
4 comments:
Dang, that looks sweet. The French doors seem non-sequitur. Don't you worry that the toilet is visible from the room? Or is it?
actually, no matter how hard you try, you can't see the toilet from the room.
but the door is not done. I will buy a doorknob and will frost the glass (or put a curtain, haven't decided which yet). I just thought it'd be neat to have windows to let in the light. Unfortunately, it is a "custom" door if you choose frosted glass, so I opted for the standard with a do-it-yourself method for frosting.
Looks Awesome! Great Job! I have a bathroom that needs a re-do... can I hire you? I pay free room and board and all the cake and pies my wife can bake. :)
Nice job, lady.
Aramis
Post a Comment