Sunday, September 10, 2006

Above rock bottom.

Alright everyone. Thanks for checking up on me, it was a long week, but it was much better than the weekend. On Tuesday I got to catch up with my friend Randy, and we went to this Thai place in Brookhaven that was actually really good. That day, he'd picked me up the new GT Jewish Student Union Teeshirt, that was really cute. The front is the same as the old one, but the back design has some sports fans with the letters JSU on them, and in Hebrew, it has the words "Fight, Win, Drink, Get Naked" which is a cheer that everyone yells in the football stadium. Once I got home, I realized that Moshe had gone with a Uhaul and Alex to his house to load his ENTIRE HOUSE in the evening. He returned here at 11:30, and though I was exhausted, I helped them unload until the Uhaul was empty.

Anyway, Wednesday was a long day at work, and I was wiped when I got home. I was pretty much still worn out from the weekend, and never really caught up on my sleep all week, But I helped Moshe move some more while making Challah. Thursday at lunch, Josh flew through Atlanta, so I met him for lunch at the Airport (since I was there anyway haha), and man, I forgot how great (and cute) of a guy he is. Sucks all the circumstances around that. But Thursday after work, I went to sub as a dance teacher with Ben at his weekly dance class. It was really fun. I like teaching, but have only had the opportunity here and there. Anyway, that was fun, and I finally got home at around 9:00 Thursday. I hope I get more opportunities to teach some dancing. It is fun.

Friday my dad went into surgery for his foot. They were supposed to put 2 pins in, but once they made the incision, it turned out they had to put in 6 because he broke it worse than they thought. Because my parents have been a wreck all week, I invited them to eat Shabbat dinner at my house. I had already made the Challah, and then Friday night I made Pasta with salmon and Spanikopita. Dad's surgery took longer than expected, and it was 8:00 before they released him. So mom called and said they wouldn't be driving out to me since dad was still in a lot of pain and on morphine. So I packed everything up and brought it to their house. It probably wasn't as good as it could have been since we had to eat it away from their kitchen and on paper plates since my house is not kosher. But from what they tell me, the meal hit the spot, and they really liked it.

Saturday was the football game, which we creamed Samford 38-6. I got to hang out with Ethan for half the game, and some of the AEPis for the other half. Afterwards I went swing dancing, but left at 11:30ish since I was drained from the day of being out in the sun. And today, I had lunch in Atlantic Station with Jessica and Jordan, and then pretty much wasted away the day, during which, I picked up and practiced my violin for a short bit, and went to the gym.

Overall though, the past 6 days have been much better than last weekend. I figure the only way to go is up!

meanwhile, A funny quote from tonight:
Bela: I know, you guys must think Betsy and I have naked pillow fights.
Josh: oh don't think I haven't imagined that one yet
Josh: but it wasn't naked. You were wearing thongs and white tank tops
Bela: haha
Bela: so who wins?
Josh: oh we all win
Josh: we all win

No comments: