It's been a little over a year since Katrina hit the gulf coast to new orleans. I drove down last year on labor day weekend to visit with Leah, and almost was stuck there because there was no gas in any of the gas stations. After waiting in a GAS LINE for about 45 minutes, I finally got gas and was able to come home. I remember that weekend when gas went up to $3 a gallon, and we all gasped in fear of how high it had jumped. it lowered a little since then, but has maintainted a pretty high average since then. I breathed a sigh of relief this weekend when I saw gas for $2.15 in Macon.
I remember when I first started driving, I once filled up for $0.65 usually it was in the 70-80 cent range, but man, those were the good days.
Monday, September 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment