Seeing all the comments on my last post, I felt I didn't need to post for a while =)
Last weekend was the Knoxville lindy exchange. I went last year, and had a great time, so of course wanted to return. I’d carpooled up with Shoe and Duane (read: Du anne) and was stuck in traffic for hours. We finally arrived at the dance, and after some confusion at the door that cost me an extra $15 over the original entry fee, I got in. The weekend was OK. I love dancing with new people, but the weekend had way more girls than guys (which we call “follow heavy”), so there were a fair number of dances that I didn’t get to dance to. I got to see and spend time with a few friends I hadn’t seen in a while, which was nice.
During the week, I went out with David G. one night for dinner to catch up, since we never seem to find time that our schedules are available. We went to a restaurant in midtown called Ecco that he wanted to try. It was pretty good, actually. Very hip and fun type of place with a long waiting list. Luckily, David had made reservations.
On Friday, we all had dinner at Randy’s, and met his new girlfriend. It was fun, but I was so tired from the week, I was falling asleep by about 11:00.
Saturday night, GT played Clemson, and though I had not only been invited to a few football game parties, but also offered tickets to the game, I instead went to Athens (on a gameday) to see my sister in a show. She was the first violin in the musical South Pacific. She did a great job, even though some of the actors left something to be desired.
Tuesday night I had to drive to Augusta after work. I had made plans weeks ago to have dinner at Sebastian’s, and so I wasn’t going to cancel it. We decided to do it early so I could get out of town on time. Unfortunately, that depended on my getting out of the office on time, which I didn’t, so it was a late night driving to Augusta. I spent a couple days there and came back late on Thursday.
My mom keeps telling me I should watch what I write in my blog. She doesn’t like that I keep a blog anyway, but I am pretty sure that for the most part, I am relatively careful not to say anything too bad about someone, or to get myself in trouble. I am not currently running for president, so I don’t think there are too many people out there trying to get my information to find skeletons in my closet. But even so, if you don’t want your name mentioned, or if there’s a previous post that I mention your name and you want it taken down, let me know. Her example for something I should watch out for is if I were to say something like “’John’ is the best looking guy I’ve ever dated!!” because that could insult a past boyfriend. I am not sure that is what I am going for.
Anyway, such an interesting life I lead, I am sure you guys couldn't wait to hear about it ;-)
6 comments:
JOHN?? Just who is this John guy?! ;)
That's right, we're watching....
j/k of course.
You could always limit the blog to only people you know (ie blog on myspace and then limit the profile so it can only be viewed by your official friends).
Interesting life...indeed...I think your blog is fine though sometimes being cautious doesnt hurt. People's facebooks and other profiles can always be looked at by employers. Mentioning me is fine and dandy -- as long as it is good stuff :)
Well I guess this one was less controversial than the last, you only got six comments!
Oh, wait..... Crap!
Post a Comment