I have an issue with my subdivision. The main street that enters the subdivision doesn't have a street sign on it. There is a big new pretty sign with the name of the subdivision, but no street sign. So if anyone looks up directions online via a mapping service like google maps or mapquest, it says "turn onto my street". But then people pace the neighborhood back and forth since they don't see the street.
About a year ago, I went to a monthly meeting and brought this issue up to the board. They looked at me as if I was crazy, and told me "well, tell your friends that when they see the subdivision sign, they should turn. Or, send them to our subdivision website for directions, not google."
Great. So now, Every time I plan a party and send an evite, I have to say "wait, don't mapquest it, go to our handy dandy webpage instead!" No! so anyway, I finally emailed the president of the managing company, and he totally agreed with me. So, now we're getting a sign. hahaha I guess I should've brought it a level higher a year ago when I first noticed it.
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
so you don't _always_ make lovely hand-drawn maps for guests like you did at atlx? :) we really were spoiled houseguests! congrats on getting your sign!
yay for a sign! I know it has definitely been brought up in the past
Can you send me directions?
Post a Comment