Wednesday, February 20, 2008

No such thing as a free lunch.

They say there's no such thing as a free lunch. Don't take it too literally, apparently there is no such thing as a free anything.

Tonight Adam got free tickets to see Huey Lewis and the News. I (being so out of touch with pretty much everything) of course did not really know anything about them, but it sounded fun. We left my house and got downtown to the Tabernacle in record time. We even snagged a street parking space, which I was so surprised about, I even called my dad to make sure it was free!! The Opening band, called US Beat was actually an excellent cover band, and Adam and I agreed they were probably the better band of the evening. There were a ton of free hors devours and an OPEN BAR. Well, anyway, we had fun, and were planning on heading over to Graveyard Tavern for the fun Wednesday night dance they have there. Upon leaving the venue, we walked towards my car and celebrated a bit that we saw no ticket on the car. What we didn't see however, was that my passenger window had been smashed in, and they took my GPS, my AC adaptor, and my tape converter (yes, I still have one of those!). DAMN IT!!!

I called the cops while Adam got harrassed by a drunk homeless guy, and after waiting 30 minutes and then not showing, I called my insurance and they said I didn't need a police report for that. So, not feeling up for Graveyard (nor really knowing how to get there at this point), we went back home, disheartended.

Free concert? check. Free parking? check. No traffic? Check. Open Bar? Check. Car intact? NOPE. what a night.

2 comments:

Ross said...

if it isn't too much of a hassle, get a police report just in case! if this happens again soon (hopefully it won't), the insurance company might decide you seem awfully suspicious.

So sorry to hear about your bad luck! I think I have an extra tape adapter.

Anonymous said...

Holy crap, Bela!

That *really* sucks! I once had a cell phone stolen out of a friend's car near the Leopard Lounge in similar fashion.

Just glad that you two are OK and that the car itself wasn't stolen!

Be safe!