Thursday, September 29, 2005

Don't mess with me.

During Lunch yesterday, David, Richard, and I decided to go to the shooting range down the street from work. Now , the only weapon I’ve ever shot was a black powder civil war era rifle back in High School. So, the weapon of choice yesterday was a 22 pistol, and Richard and Dave each got 9mm guns. Once I got the hang of it, I was actually pretty good, hitting the center target about 15 times! I took a shot each with Richard’s and Dave’s guns, and with dave’s, I hit close to the center on my only shot, and with Richard’s, I nailed the goal (the middle of the guy’s head) dead on! It was pretty cool. I came home and told the ‘rents about it, and my dad commented “That’s good, everyone should know how to fire a weapon”. My mom said “that’s nice….wait, that was a REAL GUN??? WITH BULLETS???” “COULDN’T YOU HAVE GOTTEN SHOT!!! I DON’T LIKE THIS”… funny.

Well, I am assigned to my first project out of town! I am going to Wisconsin in a few weeks (yeah, I know…not in my top 10 places to visit either). But it is just for a few days at a time I think. I am excited though, because it is my first real project, and I am the only Design engineer assigned to it. So it is sink or swim for me.

I’ve decided to buy a house. I was teetering for a while between condo and town house, and then decided on a townhouse, and now I’ve decided it just isn’t worth $250 a month to have someone mow my lawn and fix my roof if it breaks. I’d rather set aside the money into a bank account earning interest, and then pay for the mishaps and upgrades when they need to be taken care of. On the same note, I am sick of people telling me what “they think” is best for me via homes. If you got your place on daddy’s money, don’t tell me where I should/shouldn’t live or what is too cheap/expensive unless I ask you about it =)

I’ve started researching joining the JCC, and I think I’ll join. There is an offer that members can use the Emory U workout facility on Clairmont. That is right by where I am living right now! So, when the weather gets a little cooler and it’s too cold to run outside, I’ll suck it up and pay a membership fee.

My laptop that I got a little under two years ago is full. I thought I bought it with 60 GBs of space, but it actually just had 30. I have less than 500 mb left on it, and that is after clearing out a lot of stuff. So, I bought an external hard drive yesterday with 120 GBs, and now I am queen of storage. I can do it all now on my computer!! =)

No comments: