Thursday, December 22, 2005

free stuff.

Well, since my last post, I have made a lot of progress!

I have begun packing my room at the house to start moving next week, and after packing about 10 boxes, I realized I should've taken a picture of my room. I don't think I have one, and I've lived there my entire life! Even though I packed 10 boxes, it looks like I haven't made a dent in the amount of stuff I'll have to pack. The nice thing is that I am moving in town, so if I can't or don't feel like moving everything at once, I can always go back and move more stuff another day.

I have found a roomate to live with - a girl I work with at E2m - Betsy. Hopefully that'll work out. We don't know each other very well which may be a good thing, or may be bad. I am excited to have found a roomate though. That will ease a bit of the stress of paying for a house. I also went to Amtrek the other day and collected about 15 boxes that I can use to move. For free. what a deal! I took a trip to IKEA and some furniture stores last sunday just to drool a bit, and once I got home, found out this week that Betsy has a couch, and that Jeff has a futon he wants to get rid of, so I am set on seating at least for a bit.

My new place is less than 2 miles from the JCC. I have decided that it would be a good idea to join, not just for the gym, but to meet other people. It is really expensive to join at the level that allows gym usage though, and so I gave them a call, and found out they're having a special that if you've just graduated college, that you get your first year membership for free!! Now that is exciting!

I have spent a lot of time dealing with the lender and his company, and with getting an insurance agent (calling around for the best prices), and with things like choosing a home inspector, a home warranty company, deciding on internet, cable, phone, and more. I have spent at least 100 hours on house stuff, if not more. Who knew it was so time consuming!!

Closing is next tuesday the 27th, and I get to move in on the 29th. I will make the big move day Jan 2 though, since that is the first day that I don't have work and can get people to help me. I can't wait.

No comments: