I like that there are still times that one can trust the kindness of strangers to just do what's right.
Friday night, I went to an event hosted by the Atlanta Chevre Minyan. After the Kabalat Shabbat (welcoming of sabbath) services, everyone broke to go to different houses for dinner. I went to a guy's house who lived in the highlands, and it was nice. there were about 8 people I think that ate at his place, which was fabulously decorated. I mean, everything from the faucets to the paint to what type of bookshelves, all just looked so cool! I am (not so secretly) jealous of his decor ability.
Well, once I got into my car after dinner, I realized I didn't have my cell phone. I knew I had it after services because I made a call, but I hadn't seen it since I parked at his house. I turned around and went back to his house, checked the ground, and turned my car inside out, and didn't find it. I was really upset. I don't have a home phone, so that is pretty much my lifeline, along with the fact that I need it for work, and I have to drive so much now for work, I really can't be without a phone.
Well, I get home, and I have an email from my dad, timestamped 11:30 saying that someone called "HOME" on my cell phone, and after talking to my dad, left it in a bar in the Highlands with my name on it. He picked it up today since he was in the area, and I have my phone back.
thank you to whoever it was that found and returned my phone. And thank you to everyone who has done (or will do) a similar anonymous kindness.
Saturday, March 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment