When I go running outside at home, I do the same loop every time, and I don't even like it that much because it is so hilly. Over the past few weeks, the weather has gotten nice, and Betsy and I have ventured around the city of Augusta on about two outdoor runs every week. Afterwards, we sometimes go eat, completely sweaty, but starving. I discovered a new website recently that I really like using to map out the runs. coincidentally it is called "mapmyrun.com". Using Google technology, you can zoom in really far to see exactly the path you take, and mark it. The following are some of the runs we've made up and run while exploring the city:
Lake Olmstead
Augusta Historic Downtown and Riverwalk
Augusta Downtown
Augusta Canal
Once you map the exact route you took, you can see most importantly - how far you ran. But also, you can see the elevation view, or count calories by entering your run time and weight. You can even see a 3-D view of your run if you have Google Earth!
Doing these runs has been a lot of fun. I run a lot better and a lot longer when with someone else (Betsy - things are so much better when we're together ;-) )
Hopefully I will be adventurous in Atlanta and run at home in new places too.
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment